Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The senior sales executive must be able to pursue and close business within Commercial, Medicare or Medicaid Insurance lines of business
- The successful sales executive in the role must be a revenue centric direct sales growth executive able to take personal responsibility for building client’s brand while maintaining the highest levels of client delivery satisfaction
- Creative enough to devise and articulate a unique and compelling value proposition in partnership with consulting SME’s and leaders, so that customer decision-makers clearly grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship
- Drive active relationship selling across consulting, sales, senior management, operational units, external vendors/partners, third-party advisors etc.
- Build sales strategy and lead RFPs, RFIs, RFQs for new and existing clients
- Maintain senior level client relationships at existing clients while exploring all up-selling and consulting business opportunities
- Meet and exceed sales revenue targets of over $20M and prepare accurate pipeline activity reports
- Identify potential leads independently (or with others) through networking, maturing relationships, trade shows, public speaking and/or other sources in the assigned markets.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent sales opportunities
- Ability to maintain new name and add-on business while maintaining solid profit and delivery margins
- Deal and contract management; develop and negotiate contracts; and understanding of financial models
- Analyze market trends and implications while developing new sales strategies
- Work closely with all internal client stakeholders: delivery, sales management, operations, legal in the pursuit of client satisfaction and delivery profitability
- Stay up to date on all market trends and competitor intelligence
- BA or relevant experience required / MBA – Preferred
- Executive board room presence
- Ability to collaboratively work with other support teams to help in closing the deal
- At least 10+ years overall experience preferably with 3+ years in consulting services
- At least 5+ years’ experience in calling on C-Suite Executives to develop and present value proposition
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PPT and Sales Force
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at negotiating with multiple constituencies
- Ability to work across a large and complex matrix of stakeholders, coupled with the ability to thrive in an environment of change and fluctuating priorities
- Ability to analyze complex data and make decisions and clearly articulate reasons for making a decision
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively on solutions to complex issues and develop alternatives
- 50% + Travel to work at customer location
- Actuarial or Healthcare Financial Risk Management Experience
- Medicare Advantage business experience
- Healthcare Operations / Operational Consulting Experience involving key Sales, Marketing and Product Systems
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Payer Consulting, Sales and Medicare advantage, telecommute, work from home, remote