This position will be located in the Southeast.
Coordinates activities and skills involved in marketing, sales, and new account development at the Corporate or Company Headquarters level. The primary customer contact for identified Corporate accounts or companies new to rail transportation. Develops an overall business strategy for Corporate customers and their product’s markets and implements this strategy across Regional lines. Identifies and executes projects across all of the company’s business lines and knows and understands the complete “book of business”, generating opportunities for all G&W Regions and optimizing the traffic with G&W centric solutions. Direct sales and marketing and project management functions are the key activities, along with the ability to navigate internally and externally to execute projects.
The primary sales areas will be located in the Southeast for steel and/or aggregate customers. Dependent on the qualified candidate, the company is flexible on what location in the Southeast this position may be based out of.
1. Develops strategic commercial relationships with companies at the Corporate level with interaction at the highest levels within their strategic, purchasing, product business unites and transportation departments.
2. Develops a complete understanding of the complete “book of business” for these corporate accounts, across all product lines and modes of transportation.
3. Establishes a formalized business plan for each Corporate account that outlines available projects and the steps and timelines to execute defined annual revenue goals.
4. Sells and markets the complete portfolio of services offered by G&W (all railroads, ports, international holdings, distribution Services, industrial development, real estate, and industrial switching)
5. Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with each G&W Region with a close relationship with the SVP of the Region and the VP of Sales.
6. Ability to analyze and optimize the customer’s “book of business” and develop solutions with the customer.
7. Project Management expert with the ability to develop a strategy and transportation solution, and then manage it from inception to execution.
8. Must be able to identify and analyze trends within a company or industry, and clearly communicate it to the Regions and Senior Management.
9. Develops new growth products for the transportation marketplace, and aggressively promotes Distribution Service solutions that incorporate a “pull” strategy that brings new business and revenue to G&W.
10. Initiates proposals, closes deals and negotiates contracts, if required.
11. Creates product value propositions and positioning statements.
12. Promotes and supports the commercial agenda of the company, and develops a strong relationship within various departments of the Class 1 railroads.
13. Manages competitive analysis and is the channel for competitor information.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the role described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the role, and be a reasonable representation of its major activities.
- Must have a proven track record demonstrating entrepreneurial ability, strategic planning and project management skills. Significant experience with corporate contracts and account representation is required.
- Excellent Sales Coach and Trainer to the Regional sales force
- Class 1 railroad experience in sales and/or marketing required.
- Extensive and current customer contacts and relationships with aggregates and/or steel
- Operational knowledge of how to transload products between railcar and truck, and a proven track record of being able to establish transload operations
- Extensive and current customer contacts and relationships across industries and product lines
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Various, United States