BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of the Vice President of Learning & Development (reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer) is to lead the Talent Management, Learning & Development and Training functions for the Field and Home Office. All responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate leadership and talent development programs for Field and Home Office Development Staff
- Create solutions which are linked to business needs and objectives
- Work with business partners to plan and implement company-wide initiatives relating to Talent Development and to reinforce company culture and values
- Manage the identification of high potentials within the organization while aiding in the development of their careers
- • Conduct needs assessments, design, develop and/or recommend programs that influence and change behavior, e.g. member service and valuing diversity
- Develop and track key metrics to determine overall effectiveness of Talent Management initiatives within assigned area
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization while translating vision into execution
- Develop and implement talent programs, systems, tools, and processes to determine how content should be instructed
- Provide leadership management to a team of direct and indirect reports, while promoting innovation and collaboration
- Assess and implement key training programs at store level which lead to best-in-class customer experience
- Create and lead executive-level talent development programs which raise the capabilities and competencies on the senior team
- Lead company through comprehensive succession planning proven to ensure a ready-now bench strength of top talent.
- 12+ years’ experience in a Talent Management and/or Leadership Development/Training
- Learning capacity with 5+ years of demonstrated leadership management expertise
- Significant program management experience with demonstrated ability to influence change management
- Exceptional listening, oral, written communication and presentation skills with ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Exemplification of BJ’s Wholesale Club’s core values; Members, Team, Accountability and Speed
- Training & Development: Needs Assessment, Performance Consulting, Adult Learning Theory, Instructional Design, Training Delivery and Training Evaluation.
- Organizational Design, Organization Effectiveness and Change Management
- Employee Engagement and Culture Change
- Experience with executive coaching and development
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.