At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
The Healthcare team within the Investment Banking & Capital Markets division of CIB is seeking an experienced investment banking professional, at the Vice President level, to join its Life Sciences team.
This position will focus on biotech and specialty pharmaceutical companies within our Healthcare sector. The Vice President will be responsible for independently working with clients and handling complex transactions. A successful candidate will have well-developed knowledge of products and services, marketplace, and clients. This position will be directly involved in the origination, structuring, and execution of Corporate and Investment Banking products and services for existing clients and prospects. The Vice President will assist in delivering the full range of products and services to clients through formulating financial strategy and policy with clients at the executive management level, managing client relationships, and executing mandated assignments in public and private equity, M&A, high yield and convertible securities.
The Vice President must support in coordinating capabilities across the CIB platform, as well as support and help in developing relationship and product partners across broader Wholesale Banking, to deliver a One Wells Fargo experience to these select clients.
This role will be based in New York City or San Francisco.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of business development: business vision, strategies, and goals
- Investment banking experience
- A Master's degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Strong credit skills
- Ability to analyze trends in the competitive marketplace and related marketing developments
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Investment Banking & Capital Markets (IBCM) platform, systems and applications
- Mergers and acquisition experience
- Securities industry experience including Healthcare coverage
- Strong negotiating skills
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets: deal execution process and standards
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 79 must be completed within 90 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
NY-New York: 375 Park Ave - New York, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.