Here at UnitedHealth Group, when you join our leadership team, you'll be surrounded by focused, performance driven leaders who have helped us build our global strength and incredible momentum. With the help of leaders like you, we're driving higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. In this role, you'll provide direction and guidance to the development of provider networks using your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
The Vice President, Medicare Provider Network Enterprise Initiatives and Partnership will lead critical large-scale enterprise initiatives for the UHC M&R business with focus on the engagement, experience and contracting with our network providers.
- Provide strategic leadership to cross-enterprise initiatives that are critical to the UHC M&R business plan and that require engagement of our network provider partners
- Drive execution of critical initiatives that require close coordination with multiple UHC and Optum functional areas
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise to ensure the right individuals are involved and to identify and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Coordinate with the UHN M&R Line of Business Strategy team on the overall M&R business plan and report status on execution of cross-enterprise initiatives
- Identify and collaborate with external partners that have potential solutions which can be tested or deployed at scale as solutions to UHC &R business challenges
- Develop and execute plans to engage our network provider partners in our UHC digital strategy
- Work on cross-enterprise process improvement initiatives, including more efficient administration of our UHC M&R provider incentive programs
- Provide UHN leadership and support of the Clinical Continuum strategy and the Medicare Advantage CAHPS/HOS improvement strategy
- BS / BA degree in business, health care administration or related field
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible health care administration experience with strong preference for managed care experience and provider engagement.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Highly developed and demonstrated strategic planning expertise
- Advanced analytic ability and demonstrated ability to build business case for initiatives
- Ability to interact with and gain support from senior leaders to drive critical decisions in support of initiatives
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experience in consulting engagements or other cross-functional large enterprise initiatives
- Experience identifying evaluating and collaborating with external business partners
- PC literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet and PowerPoint software
- Medicare Advantage experience
- Provider or Health system experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Building diverse, high quality provider networks is creating greater access to health care and improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Ancillary Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Provider Education, Provider Relations, Medicare, Consulting