BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
VP OF MEMBERSHIP LOYALTY & RETENTION
The VP of Membership Loyalty and Retention will set the strategy and lead the team responsible for growing and enhancing the company’s loyalty and co-branded credit card product. This leader will also be responsible for driving membership retention through in club operations as well as through growing the BJ’s Easy Renewal program. This position reports to the Chief Membership Officer.
- Setting the strategic direction and vision for the Company’s two loyalty programs including reassessing current program benefits, making recommendations for improvements, and implementing such enhancements.
- Developing strategic marketing plans to continue to rapidly grow both loyalty programs.
- Partnership and collaboration with all constituencies in the company including membership, marketing, merchandising, operations and IT.
- Technical partnership with IT to enable technologies that will continue to rapidly grow the program or provide new benefit enhancements.
- Partnership with both Mastercard and BJ’s bank issuer to drive mutually successful credit product.
- Lead the company’s membership retention efforts including monitoring member engagement and driving increased member retention rates.
- Manage program economics including marketing budget to optimize results and deliver both membership and financial goals.
- Leadership and coaching of existing program teams.
- Experience leading retail loyalty programs.
- Experience leading retail private label or co-branded credit card programs is preferred.
- Experience driving business development from program research, planning, and execution.
- Experience managing program implementations that involve IT development and execution.
- Successful candidate will have aptitude to work across all constituencies at the company.
- Retail experience is preferred and experience managing retail operations especially as it pertains to customer service.
- Analytical and financial acumen is needed to drive program results and profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Masters Preferred.
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.