Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President of Network Pricing is a leadership position focused on large multi-site providers. This position will also take a leadership role in the management of non-par programs. The position leads all the Network Pricing responsibilities for all lines of business (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid) for these providers including the following:
- Lead and coordinate/manage a team that supports Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting
- Lead and coordinate/manage a team that conduct unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies; responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models
- Provides and coordinates provider network configuration in support of new product development
- Leads regional financial support and reporting for all capitation, full risk, risk-sharing, accountable care and value based contracting efforts.
- Leads team responsible for maintaining national reporting database of value based contracting and reporting national results
- Key leader in financial evaluation and development of strategy to achieve competitive provider economics.
- Coordinates with all Senior leadership, other key Healthcare Economics leadership in development and execution of key initiatives
- Lead, develop, translate and execute strategies or functional/operational objectives for a region, line of business, or major portion of a business segment functional area
- Lead and direct others to resolve highly complex or unusual business problems that affect major functions or disciplines
- Drive programs that impact markets of customers and consumers per requirements
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the organization with the goal of advancing the competitive position and results.
- Have the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Advanced level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- 8+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Post-graduate degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare Economics, Network Pricing, Medical Economics, Healthcare Analyst, Financial Analyst, Sales Contracts Analyst, Pricing Consultant, Manager, Director, Vice President, Flexible location