At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
*****Please do not contact Hiring Manager directly*******
The Advisory team within the Investment Banking & Capital Markets division of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) is seeking an experienced investment banking professional – at the Vice President level - to join its New York office.
The successful candidate will play a key role in all aspects of the advisory process and will work closely with senior bankers to execute on financial and strategic advice across a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, corporate defense assignments, divestitures, exchange offers, joint ventures, leveraged buyouts, mergers, recapitalizations, restructurings, and spin-offs, for domestic and multinational corporate clients (both public and private).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in all aspects of deal coordination, including conducting and supervising due diligence efforts, drafting and reviewing marketing materials, negotiating with clients/clients’ legal counsel, and liaising with potential buyers, other advisors and team members
- Provide transaction support to senior bankers; and serve as daily point of contact for client coverage and servicing
- Supervise, train and mentor teams of Associates and Analysts in the creation of complex financial models and quantitative analyses, industry, economic, product and regulatory research and related presentation and transaction materials
- Develop skills and mindset oriented toward new business development and revenue generation
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements. #indeedRequired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- FINRA registration including Series 79 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- MBA or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field from top-tiered business school and at least one (1) year of experience in the position being offered
- The employer will also accept a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field, and at least seven (7) years of progressive investment banking or related transaction experience
- Strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills; and significant experience analyzing financial statements, legal and tax structures and related industry information
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to develop and foster relationships with clients, senior bankers and other industry professionals
- Motivated, self-starter seeking opportunity for professional development in a high productivity environment
- Previous M&A and international investment banking experience highly preferred
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.