No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Vice President will serve as a key leader within Optum Advisory Services Provider practice, actively contributing to all aspects of our needs including: business development, engagement delivery, and practice development activities. The Vice President will be responsible for engaging with UnitedHealth Group executive-level clients and persuading perspective clients across the enterprise to use Optum’s consulting services. The Vice President will execute large and complex engagements with multiple layers of responsibility not only for overall engagement executive oversight, but also client management and engagement. The Vice President will also contribute to practice intellectual capital development, thought leadership, and overall capability advancement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a trusted advisor within UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, and Optum
- Lead Business Development and Marketing efforts and identify new business opportunities
- Sales / Growth Leadership (50 - 75% Time Allocation):- Define and own the business development strategy and plan for a targeted business; own and manage sales account, client relationships, leads, pursuits, proposals, and financials
- Work closely with Consulting’s functional practice leaders to drive new business and help achieve each practice’s financial goals
- Gather information, analyze, and develop strategies concerning dynamics that may affect the Consulting business relationship with targeted clients, such as changes in client ownership or new affiliations; current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth; clients' changing requirements; competitor strengths and weaknesses; and communicate these strategies as a part of Optum activities with the client
- Identify and deliver opportunities for sales and business development collaboration with other Optum business segments and front office sales members
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Consistently expand the dialogue with clients beyond the project at hand, linking current initiatives to broader imperatives, trends, and needs, thus contributing surprise value to engagements
- Contribute as innovative thought partner and substantial contributor to both project recommendations and OAS intellectual capital advancement
- Bring deep knowledge of internal Optum resources and research to bear on engagements, often serving as final quality oversight to engagement work products
- Function as senior face and partner to client executives and Boards, bringing gravitas and substantial industry examples to client meetings in support of team recommendations
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical role in the clients’ ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Client Engagement Delivery (25 - 50% Time Allocation): Perform as the liaison between the client and delivery team for any escalation issues, ensuring project is delivered on-time and within budget
- Lead consulting teams to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues), and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to create strategic direction
- Serve as a resource to multiple project teams within OAS
- Provide subject matter expertise to other Optum business units as it relates to healthcare issues, methodologies, and addressing client needs
- Provide subject matter experience to Optum and Advisory Board research as needed
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both written and verbally, to prospects, clients, and staff
- Develop presentation and report deliverables without guidance or direction
- 7+ years of extensive healthcare provider market experience working in a health plan or provider organization, with extensive healthcare sales, operations knowledge and experience including claims, service, network, eligibility, associated products, etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining C-level executive level relationships; excellent client relationship capability with proven path of retention and growth
- Proven engagement with clients (boards, executives, and physicians), and ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to travel 50% or more
- Clinical experience and license (i.e., RN, MD, DO)
- Current or recent consulting experience in a national firm or organization, working with large health systems on complex engagements
- Track record of selling and/or delivering over $2 million in program revenues on an annual basis
- Experience leading large (high six-figure or greater) consulting engagements or strategic projects
- Significant experience leading complex strategic engagements (e.g., Enterprise strategic planning, M&A / partnership considerations, payer-provider partnerships and implications, consumer-focused strategies)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: optumconsulting, provider consultant, healthcare administration, DC, Washington, District of Columbia, Remote, WFH, work from home, travel, remote