You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors - your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
As part of the OptumRx Product & Strategy leadership team, the Vice President - Product Commercialization & Strategic Partnerships will lead the efforts to a) commercialize on-market and new products through key market segment channels and b) identify, develop, and manage strategic partnerships that accelerate the ORx product roadmap.
As the leader of Product Commercialization, you will lead a team of Commercialization managers that are paired with Product Managers to define the pricing, positioning, and reporting necessary to achieve product growth goals by channel. Commercialization team works closely with Sales and Client Management to develop client specific approaches that introduce these solutions to address sales opportunities or support existing clients. Commercialization team will be responsible for managing a sales pipeline for all on-market or new products and will be measured on effectiveness of extending product solutions across the various markets we serve. As the leader of this team, you will work directly in the market with critical OptumRx prospects and clients and present on-market and new product solutions. The scope of the position leverages in-depth quantitative skills, knowledge of specific markets and competitive landscape, and an understanding of key business objectives.
As the leader of Strategic Partnerships, you will enable OptumRx to accelerate and strengthen our product roadmap through the engagement and activity of external strategic partners across the pharmacy value chain. Within this space, you will manage and develop a portfolio of 3-4 on-market products that include significant strategic partner involvement. Your work will focus on ensuring that these products are delivering their intended value to clients, while at the same time working closely with our strategic partners to establish, measure and manage performance goals that are key to the end product success. As the product manager for this portfolio, you will also have the opportunity to work across internal functions (including Operations, Sales, Clinical) to identify opportunities to improve the performance of these products and identify enhancements that will deliver incremental value.
- Lead the development of market and sales strategies to drive the commercialization of OptumRx’s product roadmap
- Manage a sales pipeline for all new and on-market products
- Work with Sales and Client Management to understand the unique needs of specific prospects or accounts to inform our product recommendations
- Forecast revenue opportunities associated with product development initiatives
- Develop pricing and value models to forecast ROI for in-market or new products
- Lead all Product Management efforts for portfolio of 3-4 on-market products that include significant strategic partner involvement. This involves wide array of activities including value proposition definition, pricing, go-to-market, expense management, and driving product enhancement opportunities
- Manage cross-segment projects and initiatives that require problem solving, relationship building, influencing and analyzing
- Adapt departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Provide thought leadership and strategic input to innovate and deliver new ideas based on research of consumer behavior, the industry, and on technology advancement; develop insights that can create competitive advantage opportunities for OptumRx; develop strategies and respond to market, client and consumer requirements
- Define product multi-year strategic plan in collaboration with stakeholders and partners, transpose into tactic project plans
- Accountable for successful delivery of product projects in collaboration with partners to achieve key success factors including on-schedule, on-budget and target quality; direct cross-functional teams driving large-scale complex projects, identify and resolve risks and issues, integrate with adjacent projects and capabilities where applicable, ensure clear and regular communications with partners and leadership, and incorporate learnings for continuous improvement , serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues and as a subject matter expert who serves as an organizational leader and products
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Navigate and influence cross-functional teams in a complex, matrix work environment
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, curiosity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity
- Thorough strategic planning, identifying development and investment needs
- Reviews program performance against expectations and facilitates and influenced changes needed
- Provides leadership and is accountable for the performance (financial, operational, regulatory, outcomes etc)
- Evaluates above results and holds partners accountable, identifying root cause and determine appropriate follow up actions
- Leads program governance and manages interdependencies, helps with resource allocation
- Executes against strategic, tactical and operational goals in partnership with enterprise partners
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of Product Management / Product development experience
- Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) experience
- 5+ years working with external partners in a B2B or partnership capacity
- 5+ years working closely with Sales/Client Management functions
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Travel up to 50%
- MBA, Master’s, or other advanced degree
- Expertise with Analyzing and Communicating Market Characteristics and Needs
- Expertise with Defining / Support Product Strategy
- Expertise in Supporting Business and Product Plans
- Expertise in Developing and Implementing Product Programs / Releases
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly complex matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others at all levels of the organization
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization, verbal and written
- Demonstrated change management experience, helping an organization understand and adopt new ideas and new ways of operating, including innovation and speed to market
- Collaborate effectively within a large dynamic organization, across multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work with IT to ensure necessary technology/software application are available to support the delivery of the programs/products
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP, Product, Product Management, Product Development, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota