No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Provider Consulting Practice of Optum consults with Provider organizations, ACO’s, and many other risk-based organizations on financial risk management initiatives ranging from fee-for-service to value-based care. As a Vice President, you will lead projects including, but not limited to, financial feasibility analyses, financial projection contract analyses, and claims based opportunity analyses. You'll work with an elite provider-focused actuarial team along with our clinical counterparts to interpret the intersection of actuarial modeling and population health management. This role fosters strong, ongoing client relationships based on managing high value customer initiatives and provides the opportunity to provide continuous coaching, direction, feedback and development for other consultants. This is an extraordinary position that will provide you the skills to open countless new career opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and manage provider focused solutions for internal and external customers
- Develop subject matter expertise in current and emerging value-based care models
- Evaluate population health programs
- Design and develop processes for reporting and analytics to meet customer objectives
- Perform financial projections and pro-formas for value based care contracts
- Develop provider distribution compensation models
- Advise clients on value based care contracts and term definitions
- Perform financial feasibility analyses
- Design new programs and products in collaboration with clinical partners
- Lead negotiations and presentations
- Perform quantitative analysis of actuarial, financial, utilization and costs data
- Pursue and support new business development activities
- Analyze forecasts and trends
- Deploy strong project management and organizational skills
- Manage multiple clients and projects at a time
- Lead junior project staff on analyses
- Contribute to growth and profitability goals of the Provider Consulting Practice
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of Healthcare Actuarial experience
- ASA or FSA Actuarial Credential
- Experience leading the analytics of multiple projects and / or initiatives simultaneously
- Experience overseeing direct reports OR guiding the analytics of staff on assigned projects
- Experience presenting and / or consulting with internal staff, internal / external clients, and senior leadership
- Provider actuarial focused consulting experience
- ACO and value based care experience
- Proficiency with SAS and / or SQL
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: actuary, actuarial, value based care, provider, ACO, ASA, FSA, consulting, Englewood, CO, telecommute