This position can be located in any tax office.
JOB SUMMARY –
Effectively teach Virtual Classroom courses while maintaining respect for students with different levels of experience, geography, and diversity. Prepare for the course, present and facilitate virtual course offerings, administer polls/learning checkpoints, and monitor learner participation. Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Attend required instructor training programs to study course design, appropriate teaching techniques (which may include classroom or virtual presentation standards and skills), and administrative duties associated with teaching the course.
- Prepares for class by ensuring that the virtual delivery location is set up, all equipment is properly functioning and phone/internet is working. Instructor should review the student workbook and instructor guide prior to beginning class to include completion of exercises and test all resources (agenda, uploads, websites, videos, etc if applicable)
- Present course content and facilitate the discussion of tax and H&R Block policy and procedure issues (as required) by drawing on the existing knowledge of students and engaging learners to apply and extend learning.
- Use a variety of facilitation methods and skills to convey course information. Instructor should stimulate and sustain student motivation and engagement through techniques such as whiteboard, polling, Q&A, class exercises and case studies. Instructor should maintain a positive peer-centered learning environment, through use of instructional evaluation and positive reinforcement.
- Use available media to reinforce student learning. Media may include but is not limited to whiteboard, power point presentation, use of software (example BlockWorks), external websites, and demonstrations.