Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm) Our E&I Specialty Benefits Vision Product Development & Management team is vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone. This Product Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, development, management or sun setting of new, existing of vision products. He/she will review product performance against expectations and facilitate or influence changes to vision product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance. This Specialist will also work with internal business constituents to support the needs of the product operations team and respond to vision product inquiries. May be project-based and involve working within multiple product functions such as claims and product implementation.
If you are located in Columbia, MD, Indianapolis, IN, or Minnetonka, MN you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, implement, and modify as necessary a product development plan based on solid understanding of competitors’ market positions, opportunities and business and customer needs
- Understand consumer experience for product, including ability to drive and influence value creation
- Conducts independent research and uses pertinent data to identify opportunities for product creation
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
- Provides explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Assertive/ strong influencing skills
- Lateral / creatively thinking
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize deliverables
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Creative and critical thinker
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- 4+ years of plan design and / or project management experience leveraging cross-functional teams
- 3+ years product development and / or operations experience in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Vision care industry experience
- Specialty Benefits experience
- Healthcare experience
- Live within commutable distance to Columbia, MD; Indianapolis, IN; or Minnetonka, MN
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.