As a member of the Decorative Furnishings team, the Visual Stylist will be responsible for leading the company’s efforts in developing, managing and maintaining visual styling for decorative room presentations whether they are utilized as physical presentations in stores or to create virtual renderings for signage or digital distribution. The successful candidate will work across several teams to support omni channel and marketing/promotional initiatives, multiple retail tests, store design updates and 3D rendering art direction to create a cohesive, recognizable brand statement.
Reporting to the DMM of Furniture, and with a dotted line in to the brands Style Director.
The ideal candidate has a passion for interior design, home décor, and/or art. He/she should be able to channel that passion to design and execute successful, innovative and creative physical or virtual displays of product that are brought together to create room scenes.
- Partners with merchandise management to ensure the design and marketing teams are continually linked to new market opportunities, kept abreast of competition and supports brand opportunities in order to maintain or grow market share
- Drives the use of analytics to inform the business by connecting merchandising insights to business planning through the lens of overall business trends and KPI’s on sku productivity
- Creates a consistent brand aesthetic through design that aligns to our target customer
- Ensures the visual room scene communications across all platforms are consistent and enhance the image of our brands
- Manage creative visuals for the Decorative Furnishing’s team, including;
- Prep line reviews
- Decks for various initiatives
- Build templates for buyers
Education and Training
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (Interior Design)
Not required, but noteworthy; Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree.
- +2years Proven working experience as Art director, interior design experience, home retail or related field.
- Proficient use of InDesign, Sketch-Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Knowledge of the home décor industry and its expectations in both the design and retail sectors.
- Dedication to graphic consistency and quality across all channels.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.