Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently recruiting for a VP, Behavioral Solutions Sales, Employer Market that will be accountable for selling behavioral health solutions into the Employer market.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Accountable to sell Optum Behavioral solutions to new and / or existing Employer clients
Pursue or generate leads for new product or service opportunities to new or existing clients working in coordination with Client Executives and Business Initiators and leveraging existing and referral relationships, industry events, qualified leads, and renewal activity
Responsible for individual growth quota to expand and ensure delivery of Optum's Behavioral solutions
Frequently partner with other sales executives and / or client managers, or work independently to sell and / or manage sales opportunities for Behavioral solutions to Employer clients
Possess or develop subject matter expertise and knowledge on Optum Behavioral solutions
Participate in, and at times own / lead, sales process and client engagement through the sale, coordinating with all necessary parties (ex. legal, pricing, finance, etc.) to close a sale
Engage, build relationships and sell Optum Behavioral solutions in partnership with consultants (particularly the EAP and BH practice leads) and influence their clients' purchasing decisions
Cultivate and deepen complex C - level client relationships
Develop consultative relationships and be a trusted advisor to the client to demonstrate how Optum can provide value for the client to meet their objectives and improve the health system
Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high paced, high intensity environment
Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
Majority of time is spent out of the office with clients, generally 70% or greater
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Successful track record of advising on and / or selling Behavioral Health / EAP products in the Employer market
- 5+ years sales, account management experience
- Solid understanding of the EAP / BH "carve out" (MBHO) industry, history, trends and forces generating market shifts and the need for a very unique, specialized set of services
- 8+ years of proven experience and expertise in the healthcare, consulting, behavioral health, or related industry
- Demonstrated success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing senior level and / or C - suite clients
- Strong network of relationships with senior HR / Benefits decision - makers, ability to heighten understanding of complexity of BH concerns among employers and success in delivering solutions
- Relationships with benefits consultants (Particularly EAP and BH Practice leads)
- Experience in diagnosing client needs and recommending solutions that have measurable and positive business impact
- Ability to effectively lead the sales process and work cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Ability to travel frequently 70%
- Direct experience achieving and / or directly contributing to $10M+ in sales annually for behavioral health solutions
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health, EAP, VP, Sales, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home