No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Excellent opportunity for a candidate with strong knowledge of our industry and well-honed relationship skills. This individual will further develop our external relationships with distribution channels, and connect or deepen these relationships with internal constituents.
- Ensure that consultants have the right relationship development opportunities across UHG and monitor the relationship status/issues, driving remediation where needed
- Build personal contact with targeted key consultants at all levels across the country. Make presence in local markets where SVPs need support
- Own consultant relationship planning for Client Development and Client Management in the business planning process, formulating longer term, mid-range and short term goals and actions
- Be visible and achieve a strong voice with National Accounts leadership. Provide feedback to management on market trends as represented by consulting firms. Represent your efforts to guide impression to favorable to UHC. Maintain a high level of healthcare industry knowledge as well as our customers’ experiences with us
- Position yourself as Leader and coordinate with consulting relations peers (OH, ORx, KA, Specialty, and Retiree) across the organization. Be proactive in driving advancement in synergistic activities. Chair the monthly forum for consultant relations persons across the organization to share
- Facilitate internal communication with Sales, Client Mgmt, Operations, Optum and other areas within UHG regarding Consultant Relations strategy and initiatives. Coordinate and influence strategy by developing and maintaining strong inter-company relationships
- Lead agenda development and planning for the annual Consultant Forum, national leadership meetings with the Major Consulting firms, and National Audit Lead meetings. Prep meeting participants. Use meeting minutes to develop follow-up action plans and project manage them. Lift the value of regularly scheduled/monthly external consultant calls to serve our strategic goals of relationship development and business success by proactively driving the agenda and follow-up activities to serve our strategic needs
- Formalize regular ongoing internal and external Consultant communications, serving as chief editor of Consultant Connection, host of the consultant webinars, and providing oversight of the Consultant portal and Consultant Relation’s SharePoint site, keeping content up-to-date
- Spearhead or participate in the development of National solutions to avoid the need for redundant one-off solutions i.e.: (Global NDAs, provider network data, Cost of care and discount submissions & audit interface, etc.). Represent NA in the DPM weekly meetings
- Man the “red phone” and lead problem resolution within our organization when contacted by consulting firm liaisons
- Lead effort to obtain consultant opinion via interviews, surveys or ad hoc from field, and lead effort to create action plans around information gathered
- Increase the percentage of tier 1 and 2 consultants who feel they know our company’s capabilities. Increase tier 1 and 2 survey response rate
- Drive an increase in consultant NPS
- Track and inform the organization on competitor versus collaborator or partner behaviors
- Develop strategies to leverage supportive consultants and remediate or isolate non-supportive consultants i.e.; detractors and non-productives. Increase support of SVPs locally as needed
- Minimum 10 yrs. of strong business, management experience in the health insurance industry, serving the Fortune 1000 marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience required
- Travel Required
- Previous experience working in the National Account health plan space and/or working for a major consultant/brokerage firm
- MBA preferred
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.