BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
VP MARKET DEVELOPMENT
The VP of Market Development reports directly into the SVP, Strategy & Investor Relations. This newly created role will have oversight of a team of 4 Analysts/Lead Analysts who will be responsible for optimizing club performance across our new and existing markets. This person will be responsible for the following:
- Act as point person for new club openings; lead cross-functional team to execute pre-opening campaigns and club openings
- Follow-through with club post-opening to evaluate competitive dynamics and coordinate cross- functional response as appropriate. Serve as clubs’ advocate to ensure needs are addressed in a timely manner.
- Use data, analytics and site visits to evaluate club performance relative to the chain / market.
- Identify underperforming clubs / markets and make recommendations for potential competitive responses.
- In collaboration with the property development team, prioritize site selection resources and continue to execute market optimizations and site level performance.
- Own point of view of competition in our markets and provide cadence of reporting to the organization.
- Assist with board reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Understanding of the retail landscape highly preferred
- 8+ years of proven leadership experience
- Ability to influence others; strategic vision with ability to quickly execute upon tasks
- Analytical and financial acumen is needed to drive profitability
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.