UnitedHeatlhcare Global (UHCG) is focused on accelerating value creation in global markets through innovative network strategies that align incentives around the triple aim – better outcomes, better cost, better experience. In support, the company is creating the role of VP of Global Network Strategy to oversee network and reimbursement model design, build, and performance management. This individual will work in a matrix to advance our common purpose of Thinking Globally, Acting Locally.
The VP of Global Network Strategy will closely coordinate with network teams in each market (Chile, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, and Global Solutions) as well as with Clinical, Operations, Product, Sales and Finance. The individual in this role will have a deep understanding of the UHCG business strategy and will partner with local teams to translate market trends and customer needs into a comprehensive suite of solutions that ensure business growth and earnings goals are achieved.
- Drive programs that impact global network strategy and implement with strong and trusted partnerships in every market
- Guide development of geographically competitive, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management.
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency.
- Aggregate and understands macro / micro market trends and competitive threats to drive cross-market network strategies
- Partner with market teams to regularly collect and analyze network performance data, optimize performance and identify new opportunities for the businesses
- Connect across platforms to support real-time strategy refinement for both lessons learned and best practices, fueling continuous improvement in every market
- Establish consistency and clarity in network governance frameworks that advance interpersonal and organizational trust, with market flexibility and reliable performance.
- BA/BS degree and/or related field
- 15+ years health industry/network experience, including ACO and value based contracting experience
- 7+ years of experience in leadership role
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting and solid understanding of health benefits, health services and medical delivery operations
- Expert at strategic conceptualization both at a local level and enterprise level
- Strong analytical skills; ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information and conclude
- Proven ability to build relationships cross-functionally and lead toward common goals
- Strong leader and motivator with the ability to mentor talent within the organization; able to provide work direction; able to attract and retain top talent
- MBA or advanced degree
- Provider commercial network experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.