If you are located in US, Latin America, Europe, Central America, or the UK, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Aggregate and understands macro / micro market trends and competitive threats to drive cross-market network strategies
- Define strategy to create local, consumer-centric partnerships and alliances that will provide our members high quality and easy to access care and services around the world
- Support our market teams in implementing and operationalizing partnerships with regional Insurance companies, TPAs, and Service Providers
- Identify and close gaps in Global Solutions ability to cover ExPat and Key Local Nationals via partnership of direct expansion
- Define strategy for developing a “network of care” that goes beyond clinical access to include other services and support - e.g., health, wellness, family-care, pet-care, housekeeping, etc.
- Partner with our Sales organization to prioritize and execute on the expansion our direct payment provider network across the globe – including strong partnerships with our domestic UHC networks
- Establish a strong set of global Strategic Partnerships to supplement our direct provider network
- Develop strong relationships with key partners and providers to ensure access, affordability, and clinical quality for our members/clients
- Partner with market teams to regularly collect and analyze network performance data, optimize performance and identify new opportunities for the businesses
- Establish consistency and clarity in network and partnership governance frameworks that advance market flexibility and reliable performance
- Network usage intelligence – Develop utilization reports by provider, procedure, diagnosis, etc. to inform network and product development
- Develop an approach to establish operational controls to prevent provider leakage, fraud, waste and abuse
- Deliver value to members by optimizing the member experience and maximizing member growth and retention
- Develop strategies that will fuel organizational membership and revenue growth.
- Lead and influence employees by fostering teamwork and collaboration, driving employee engagement and leveraging diversity and inclusion
- Lead change and innovation by demonstrating emotional resilience, managing change by proactively communicating the case for change and promoting a culture that thrives on change
- Drive sound and disciplined decisions that drive action while effectively using financial knowledge and data to manage the business
- Drive high-quality execution excellence by communicating clear directions and expectations
- Undergraduate degree
- Proven experience cultivating and sustaining C-level relationships with external partners
- Proven ability to build relationships cross-functionally and lead toward common goals
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability – able to quickly assess, diagnose, and recommend
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- 8+ years leadership experience including directly and/or indirectly managing personnel
- 10+ years health industry experience
- International experience – professional or extended personal experience
- Network, business development, or strategic partnership experience
- Experience establishing shared services and operating in a matrix environment with complex management business objectives
- Experience solving complex business problems and organizational challenges
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial analysis, reporting and forecasting and solid understanding of health benefits, health services and medical delivery operations
- Expert at strategic conceptualization both at a local level and enterprise level
- Strong leader and motivator with the ability to mentor talent within the organization; able to provide work direction; able to attract and retain top talent
- Ability to travel as needed national and internationally
- Fluent in English
- Work out of Minnetonka, Tampa, Dublin (Ireland) offices
- Six Sigma (or equivalent) training
- PMP or comparable project management experience and certification
- MBA or advanced degree
- Provider commercial network experience
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network space, Provider development, Provider relations, Strategic development, Strategic Planning, International, product lead, telecommute, telecommuter, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Tampa, FL, Florida, US, Latin America, Europe, Central America, UK