If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
In Client Implementation, our goal is to provide a repeatable and reliable implementation and service experience for our clients, ensure Optum is a great place to work, as measured through the engagement of our staff (Vital Signs), and support the overall growth agenda by executing flawlessly while evolving our processes to meet changing market needs.
This leader role within Client Implementation will be responsible for an organization that owns the annual new business implementations and migrations for the Payer Analytics business within Optum Analytics. This role will have accountability for the flawless execution of 40+ annual implementations, also focusing on team leadership and organizational management, client management and engagement, and internal business partner and customer relationships.
- Portfolio oversight of 40+ annual implementation projects, supporting multiple product lines (Impact Symmetry, Impact Pro, Impact Intelligence) driving $57M+ annual revenue across Payer Analytics
- Partnering closely with Optum Analytics business customers to understand their overall business needs, product development and evolution, and ensuring our team is adjusting to meet changing business priorities
- Partner closely with the Growth / Sales office teams within Optum Insight to facilitate a seamless client onboarding experience
- Partner closely with the Optum Analytics Provider implementation teams to drive a seamless client experience when clients purchase multiple Analytics products that cross markets (claims and clinical)
- Mitigate and solve elevated implementation issues across multiple business groups (Telecom, Operations, Training, Product, Quality, Legal, Growth, IT). Drive global issues resolution in partnership with matrix partners
- Identify and drive efficiencies, process improvements and automation within the CI team and across the matrix partner spectrum to increase value to Optum Analytics
- Find and align talent (Project managers, project coordinators, data analysts, trainers, managerial roles, global talent) based on business need
- Provide direct leadership to and mentoring / development of Sr. Directors and Directors and leading a team of 55+ employees. Accountable for performance and results through multiple layers of management
- Manage an operational budget of $7M+, chargeback rates / financial budget, and own resourcing budget on behalf of customers. Achieve year over year productivity savings
- Partner with colleagues to drive process and operational improvements / transformative change across Client Implementation, Business Initiatives and Enabling Services to benefit Optum clients
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Healthcare Industry
- 5+ years of experience with Analytics, Business Intelligence and/or specific healthcare analytics software products
- 5+ years of leadership experience including directly managing associate director / director-level leaders, and teams
- 8+ years of experience working with multiple business leaders to achieve business objectives, ideally in a customer / client facing role
- Experience improving / evolving organizations (financial management, leadership development, employee engagement)
- Experience in a shared service and/or operating in a matrix environment with complex management business objectives
- Experience and track record solving complex business problems and organizational challenges
- Experience interacting with and presenting to Executive Leadership teams
- Available to work a flexible schedule to attend urgently to client issues as they arise
- Experience with Optum Impact suite of products and/or similar claims analytics tools
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: VP Payer Analytics Client Implementation Portfolio Lead, Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home