Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
- Responsible for ensuring that the portfolio of solutions meets or exceeds revenue and market share goals
- Synthesizes competitive analysis and market assessments to inform the product strategy, prioritize investments, and establish go-to-market strategies that capitalize on market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning
- Clearly understands the competitive landscape - competitor strategies, positioning, strengths and weaknesses
- Establishes a Strategic Roadmap for the portfolio, including New Product concepts, extensions of existing solutions, and M/A activities
- Segments markets, identifies target customers and champions Market Intimacy to uncover market needs
- Understands and documents macro/micro market trends and competitive threats to drive the Business capability’s strategy
- Conducts buy/build/partner analysis as part of investment planning
- Constantly collects and analyzes performance data (e.g., market, financial, and operational) in order to identify new opportunities for the business
- Engages key clients for strategic discussions on market trend impact, current issues, and new product concepts
- Support Sales for Key Client activities
- Sales Enablement, training, value proposition development and support
- Champions Market Intimacy activities – Development of Product Advisory Councils for strategic planning, main driver for Optum Forum, etc.
- Thought leadership for the portfolio and markets served (Industry Association membership, conference participation/attendance, and key client forums)
- This role reports to the Business Capability General Manager
- Product and Marketing Strategies - Establishes a vision for the portfolio and crafts a path to the future (which markets to address [payer/provider, Medicare/Medicaid, etc.], which capabilities to bring to market and prioritizes the investment). Aligns the product strategy with the business strategy.
- Product Investment model and business case for organic and M/A growth
- Portfolio Scorecard – reviewed quarterly to gauge profitability of existing products.
- Portfolio Forecast – forecast volumes, market share, and revenue for portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7+ Years of experience managing a diverse product portfolio
- Knowledge of data and analytics software and tools development process, product strategy, product lifecycle management, holistic product requirements management and complex projects and activities.
- Ability to work successfully in cross functional teams
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Knowledge of forecasting and financial modeling
- Proven presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a matrixed environment and managing teams via influence management
- Proven experience with the Product Lifecycle. Plan, Development and Execution
- Healthcare Experience
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to travel up to 25% nationally
- 2+ years of Product Management/Development Experience
- Specific background in Life Sciences, Product and Life Cycle Management
- Understanding of Life Sciences markets including market segmentation and key customer needs
- Experience in the Agile development methodology
- Experience leading and developing a diverse group of product directors and managers
- Live within a commutable distance to Eden Prairie, MN or Boston, MA
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.