At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) is an integrated corporate and investment banking firm that deploys a full range of capital raising and financial advisory services to meet the needs of corporate and institutional clients. This position, within the Technology Investment Banking group, will focus on the Software, Internet, Hardware & Systems, and Semiconductors sectors at a Vice President (VP) level. This position will be directly involved in the origination, structuring, and execution of Investment Banking products and services for existing clients and prospects. The VP will assist in delivering the full range of products and services to clients through formulating financial strategy and policy with clients at the executive management level, managing client relationships, and executing mandated assignments in public and private equity, M&A, high yield, and convertible securities.
This role will be based in San Francisco.
This position is subject to FINRA Background Screening Requirements, including successful completion and clearing of a background check. Internal transfers are subject to comply with 17 CRF 240.17f-2 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA Bylaws, Article III, Section 3, which states that Associated Persons should not be subject to statutory disqualification. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and are required to report certain incidents.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of business development: business vision, strategies, and goals
- A Master's degree or higher
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong credit skills
- Ability to analyze trends in the competitive marketplace and related marketing developments
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Securities industry experience
- Investment banking experience
- Technology industry experience
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.