Under direction of Retail Warehouse Clerk I; this position is responsible for receiving merchandise from vendors and shippers and distributing merchandise to the retail stores.Responsibilities
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values
- Receive merchandise from vendors and shippers and distribute merchandise to the retail stores.
- Check in and price warehouse merchandise and supplies, put into stock with ongoing rotation of goods.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for merchandise and supplies as item(s) are taken out of inventory; package for transportation; and deliver goods to the appropriate company retail stores.
- Rotates inventory by date to avoid aged inventory.
- Assist with scheduled inventories.
- Assist shop personnel in filling merchandise orders as directed.
- Ongoing janitorial duties of the Retail Warehouse and Purchasing area as directed.
- Operates hand truck or fork-lift to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Adhere to all safety and risk management policies while performing tasks.
- Complete tasks working without close supervision.
- Maintains flexibility in carrying out daily job duties, organize and manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with all levels of staff or customers especially relating to safety issues or when confirming delivery orders.
- Comprehends written material, including equipment operating instructions, safety and first aid instructions and SDS sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License and comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- One year of related work experience in shipping & receiving a plus.
- Basic working knowledge and experience with Word, Excel and inventory tracking software (Windows base program).
- Prior experience operating a hand truck and/or fork lift.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
- Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required training and/or certification programs.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.