We are currently in search of Warehouse Lead to support our local branch team. This full time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Qualified candidates will be able to support the Branch Manager and the Warehouse Supervisor in the execution of the day-to-day warehouse activities of a branch in the Book Fair Organization. This candidate will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with new-hire orientation and train associates on all Product Coordinator – Level I, II, and III functions.
- Under the supervision of a warehouse supervisor or branch manager, direct a small team of associates in one or more functional areas of the facility, i.e., Case Production, Table Production, UPS, Fair Finishing, 2nd shift, etc.
- Assist the warehouse supervisor to train, coach, mentor, and motivate the warehouse team.
- Serve as designated branch trainer, for all new processes, procedures, etc.
- Assist the warehouse supervisor in planning and presenting branch or departmental daily start-up meetings
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate basic product scanner proficiency (i.e., ordering replenishment) effectively with minimal errors.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read documents in English, such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and direct other employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 50 lbs occasionally on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift boxes that weigh up to 30 lbs to a height of 70” occasionally on a daily basis.
- Must be able to push wheeled cases, which may weigh in excess of 300 lbs, with an initial force of up to 50 lbs and a sustained force of up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, reach above and below the shoulders, squat, bend and kneel as necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to tolerate work in a non-air conditioned environment.
- Must be able to accurately follow specific instructions for multiple detailed assembly processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.