At buybuyBABY our mission is to be trusted by our customers as the expert for the home and heart related life events. Every individual working in our stores plays a part in carrying out this mission, whether they're working on the selling floor or in the stockroom.
The Receiving Specialist is a key role in ensuring the operations of the store run smoothly and our customers are satisfied. The Receiving Specialist is responsible for the supervision of all work being performed in the receiving department and so must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ensures accurate receipt and disposition of all merchandise and/or store inventory while keeping in line with store productivity guidelines
- Matches received inventory against purchase orders and reviews discrepancies with senior leadership
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects and records, reports and processes damaged product according to established guidelines
- Manages and processes freight flow by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Organizes and rearranges merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
- Processes all inbound and outbound shipments
- Ensures appropriate tools and processes are used to receive and process merchandise
- Maintains organized and accurate receiving paperwork
- Acknowledges customers in courteous and helpful manner when on the selling floor, responds to customer inquiries and requests for assistance
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: working in other departments, cashiering, performing cleaning tasks, stocking, price changes and cart retrieval
- May lead a team of receivers or freight flow team members
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• 2+ years of retail experience desired, preferably in a position with elevated responsibility
• Ability to work morning shifts
• Computer skills
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
• Ability to work with various merchandise, including those weighing up to 50lbs.
Why You Want to at buybuyBABY:
- Flexible Hours that work around your busy life
- Employee Discounts across all Bed Bath and Beyond brands
- Hands-on Training
- Ability to grow your skills and career
- We have FUN at work!
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.