About UsOur business is the wholesaling, warehousing and distribution of dry groceries, produce, dairy, frozen food, meat, poultry, health and beauty care, and general merchandise to retail supermarkets located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana. Our Team Members, an integral part of the supply chain, operate state-of-the-art equipment and are safety conscious and customer-focused. If you have a genuine commitment to safety and respect for others, then our Warehouse and Transportation team might be the right fit for you!Position SummaryWarehouse Selectors are responsible for the accurate, damage-free selection of product in an efficient and safe manner to fill the Giant Eagle store's orders, meet delivery schedules, and promote customer satisfaction.
$500 Giant Eagle Gift Card Sign-on Bonus
Candidate must be Onboarded between October 22, 2018 - November 30, 2018 to be considered for bonus. $500 Giant Eagle gift card sign on bonus: - $250 issued at 90 days - $250 issued at 6 months.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management system.
- Lift and carry cases of up to 80 lbs from pick slots and place them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder level and overhead.
- Meet and maintain established productivity standards.
- Construct sturdy, balanced pallet loads from various sizes and weights of cases for damage-free shipping.
- Shrink-wrap and stage completed pallets of selected product in proper shipping lanes for loading.
- Communicate with supervision regarding safety, equipment, damaged goods, and any problems or issues that may arise.
- Have flexibility in scheduling and availability to work the times, shifts, days, and overtime as necessary to meet the Company's production needs.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and safety rules, including safe operation of equipment and helping to maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Appropriately follow food safety procedures.
- Ability to count.
- No High School diploma required
- 0 to 6 months
- Electric pallet jack experience a plus
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Mandatory overtime
- Warehouse environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Carrying Up to 100 pounds
- Lifting Up to 100 pounds
- Double Pallet Jack
- Intercom System
- Reach Fork
- Reaching Device
- Voice Activated Response System