At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Abbot Downing serves families and individuals, as well as endowments and foundations, to help preserve and grow assets while building legacies across generations. We go beyond traditional financial planning and asset management services to help clients address the financial, social and personal dimensions of wealth.
Abbot Downing's 300 professionals serve clients in all 50 states. Our service model gives clients the attentiveness of a boutique firm complemented by the robust services of one of the strongest, most respected financial institutions in the world.
The Senior Private Banker manages a moderately complex portfolio of banking relationships with ultra-high net worth clients. The candidate will partner with professionals within Abbot Downing and across the Wells Fargo enterprise to advise clients on appropriate credit and deposit solutions. This individual will also support higher level bankers in managing the most complex and sophisticated banking relationships at Abbot Downing. Incumbents have an in-depth knowledge of traditional bank products and services and consistently strong performance. Additional responsibilities include:
-- Consults with customers regarding financial needs
-- Prepares loan packages for credit review and underwriting
-- Analyzes financial, tax and credit needs of clients
-- Monitors clients’ risk profile
-- Opens and services accounts within authorized limits
-- Ensures records/files are maintained within policy/guidelines.
-- Provides training and guidance to less experienced private bankersRequired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, or private banking
- Previous experience with wealth management serving and advising ultra-high net worth clients or family offices.
- Private banking credit acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies.
- Prior experience serving clients in a multi-dimensional/team environment and in partnering across a broad and complex organization.
- Previous experience working with liquid secured credit and commercial real estate.
- Understanding of the Wells Fargo Commercial Electronic Office® platform and treasury management services.
- Advanced education in the form of a MBA, CFP, CFA, or related specialty.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.