At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Within the Enterprise Business Services Technology (EBST) group in PVSI & Community Bank Technology (CBT), there is an exciting opportunity for a Software development Engineer who will be responsible for developing highly scalable, resilient Microservices using REST API. You will be joining an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, development, coding, testing and business logic that goes into creating high quality software following industry best practices.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- The candidate will be working on an Agile and collaborative environment with Business users and other technology partners developing and support industry best Microservices.
- Be a Developer on an agile scrum squad developing RESTful APIs.
- Develop automated acceptance and unit test for the agile team.
- Teach test automation skills to fellow agile team members that may be more traditional dev oriented.
- Leverage Cucumber to translate Gherkin BDD scripts into automated testing.
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing.
- Follow scrum, BDD, TDD, and CI principles.
- Actively Practice Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) while developing new features and refactoring existing code.
We are looking for senior level developers that have a keen ability to understand business requirements and convert them into well designed solutions, will communicate clearly and have a passion for technology and Learning.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 5+ years of middleware development experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7+ years of web development experience; including programming and developing web applications
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex issues
- Experience programming or developing applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience with Microservices architecture and patterns, including professional experience in the design, build, and operations of micro services in a production environment.
- Experience with these technical languages and products: J2EE, Spring, Tomcat 7.0, RAML, SQL and JDBC, Eclipse, JUNIT, GRADLE, GitHub, JProfiler, Springboot, Postman, JSON, and Kafka.
- Experience with Oracle DBMS and NoSQL DBMS
- Experience with Cloud Environments
- Proficiency in Testing using BDD/TDD and familiar with Gherkins/Cucumber for writing BDD
- Experience with Java automated testing
- Experience with Jenkins, cucumber, test automation & reporting tools
- Experience developing in/with agile & CI tools: Jira, Confluence, Artifactory
- Proficiency in writing code, logging, and unit testing
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.