UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Serve as a primarily C# .Net web developer (Front and Backend)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in MS SQL Development (SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, etc.)
- Knowledge of TFS
- Understand business initiatives including technical and non-technical requirements
- Designing and implementing scalable solutions
- Translate complex concepts in ways that can be understood by none technical audiences
- Create technical specification, Code/Application documentation and process
- Engage with other teams and dev leads to build solution to meet business initiatives
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Conduct code review to ensure delivery of high quality standards
- Design, implement and maintain applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software working with established processes
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Developers
- Designs and develops technical solutions from business user stories.
- Performs and/or leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends technical solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree obtained or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with .NET
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server (or any database)
- Understanding of SDLC
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to non-technical end-users / clients
- Experience with TFS
- Experience with CA Agile Central
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Web API \ Web Services (SOAP or RESTful) experience
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Entity Framework experience
- SQL Server experience
- Angular experience
- JQuery experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.