Is it important to you to create an application that will benefit millions of people? At UnitedHealthcare, you are empowered to do your best! You will work with an elite team to create applications using the newest and latest technologies.
If you have a solid track record for innovation and accomplishment, we are eager to speak with you! We hire talented coding professionals who are looking to advance their careers by working for the best company in the healthcare industry. You will have the most opportunities to grow and develop your career while using the skills that you have obtained thus far. Being a leader in healthcare IT, it is always challenging and exciting here at UHC in creating the healthcare system of tomorrow. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, as a highly skilled .NET / SQL Senior Web Applications Developer you will use your strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance windows and web applications on Microsoft technology to create the future of UHC. You will be responsible for building and maintaining web sites and web applications. You will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build high performance enterprise systems.
If you are located in an Eastern Time Zone (only), you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
- Provide technical advice on complex programming
- Develop innovative solutions and pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Communicate with the team to schedule development of system modifications and/or new modules
- Design systems and programs to meet complex business needs, including enhancements to existing programs
- Ensure programs meet standards and technical specifications; perform technical analysis and component delivery
- Assist support and/or project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer/code reviews
- Develop unit test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Perform testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts
- Work with all areas and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility
- Work closely with all levels of the organization, including executive level staff, to quickly prototype possible approaches to problems and needs, and help design and implement the final solution
- Assist project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks and will project manage smaller scale projects
- Influences leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Function as a mentor for junior developers, providing assistance where needed
- Handle smaller projects completely on their own, including interactions with other teams and 3rd parties for design and architecture
- Be involved with management in terms of supplying input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IST or Business with a concentration/minor in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years of WEB development using Microsoft technologies (i.e. ASP.NET, MVC 4+)
- 5+ years of experience with web development languages (ie. JQuery, JAVA Script, HTML, CSS, Web Forms, MVC, JQuery, Ajax OR HTML)
- Experience with data access frameworks (i.e. ADO.NET, entity framework)
- 3+ years of experience in application maintenance and production support
- 3+ years of SQL and data extraction methodologies
- 1+ years of experience in data analysis and report design/development
- 3+ years of experience in TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience in Agile (SCRUM) development
- 5+ years of WEB development using Microsoft technologies (i.e. ASP.NET web forms using C#)
- Experience working on large-scale projects with many diverse contributors
- Experience working with both the business and technical sides of issues
- Experience providing data analysis for issues
- Experience with HIPAA compliance policy and security
- Experience with business solutions software
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.