Bed Bath & Beyond’s Digital Marketing Technology Team strives to create a world-class digital experience across all channels and all of Bed Bath & Beyond’s brand portfolio. By focusing on strategies for site optimization and by creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates enables solutions that drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking a Lead Development Engineer within the Digital Marketing Technology Team to deliver and manage solutions that improve rankings and site traffic.
- Lead and contribute to the design of technical solutions supporting Digital Marketing.
- Contribute to technical requirements capture and analysis.
- Apply business and technical knowledge to advance technical design direction.
- Work with leadership to align solutions with business and technical strategy and objectives.
- Perform analysis and capacity planning to define and manage development staff priorities.
- Provide technical leadership, supervision, mentoring and evaluate staff performance to accomplish quality and delivery goals.
- Employ advanced troubleshooting strategies; quickly determine root cause with limited support from others, and provide support and direction in troubleshooting.
- Experience building complex solutions across diverse platforms and technologies.
- 5+ years as Development Team Lead in large scale and dynamic enterprise environments.
- Experienced in directing a team of developers to build and implement high performance applications and web services.
- Experience with React, Redux, Node.js, Server-Side Frameworks and responsive web design
- Experienced with SEO techniques, marketing CRM and analytical solutions.
- Familiarity with industry software development methodologies and standards including approaches e.g. Iterative, Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), etc.
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain and manage the implementation of complex technical solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships, promotes a collaborative and team environment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science is a plus.
- Broad understanding of retail systems a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.