Bed Bath & Beyond’s Digital Marketing Technology Team strives to create a world-class digital experience across all channels and Bed Bath & Beyond’s entire brand portfolio. By focusing on strategies for site optimization and by creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates enables solutions that drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking a Lead Development Engineer (SEO - Web Development Lead ) within the Digital Marketing Technology Team to deliver and manage solutions that improve rankings and site traffic.
- Lead implementation and design of technical solutions supporting Digital Marketing.
- Gather and analyze technical requirements.
- Apply business and technical knowledge to advance technical design direction.
- Work with leadership to align solutions with business and technical strategy and objectives.
- Provide technical leadership, supervision, mentoring to accomplish quality and delivery goals.
- Employ advanced troubleshooting strategies; quickly determine root cause with limited support from others, and provide support and direction in troubleshooting.
- Using SEO techniques, marketing CRM and analytical solutions.
- Experience as a Tech Lead/ Web Development Lead in large scale and dynamic enterprise environments (preferably in onsite offshore model)
- Deep knowledge of cloud based development model using headless or decoupled architecture. Node.js , WebPack, Front-End, Springboot API's, Micro Services, Cassandra, NOSQL backend
- Experience implementing and supporting large scale Single Page Apps built on Progressive Web Frameworks React/Redux preferable, Angular 2, Backbone, Vue, Node.js engine
- Strong ability to design, build, deploy and troubleshoot high traffic consumer sites – Full stack hands on knowledge on tools, frameworks, API’s, libraries
- Expertise in front end elements impacting SEO – JS frameworks (isomorphic, server side, etc.), DOM Rendering, Page Speed, Dev Tools, Http headers, Structured Data Markup
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
- Knowledge of mobile specific considerations for speed/performance - page weight, JS footprint, CSS, AMP.
- Familiarity with web analytics - Adobe preferred, Google Analytics or other
- Familiarity with Tag Management systems, tools - Tealium preferred, Google Tag Management, Adobe DTM or other
- Familiarity with industry software development methodologies and standards including approaches e.g. Iterative, Agile, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), etc.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science is a plus.
- Broad understanding of retail systems a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.