H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Web Producer who will be responsible for working across a variety of digital web properties to deliver high-quality solutions to solve business needs across the organization.. In this exciting role, you will develop web strategies and successfully lead a cross-functional team to execute the best-in-class web experience on time and budget. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away.
About H&R Block…
People are often surprised when they begin working here. Maybe it's because the company founded by two brothers in 1955 still has the feeling of a family, or it could be our high-ambition associates who believe in our purpose and core values. Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together!
We help our clients and inspire confidence in their lives so they can do more for their families and communities...but the work we do here is so much more. We are curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!
More about the position...
- Creates and implements strategic web plans to meet business goals for the identified project.
- Once a project or deliverable is scoped and creatively defined, identifies impacted groups and determines how long the deliverable will take to produce (e.g., development and QA).
- Works with impacted groups and cross-functional partners to gain alignment and commitment to the timing and delivery of work.
- Works closely with UX/UI and SEO teams to ensure project incorporates web best practices.
- Identifies assumptions and constraints that will impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk, determining alternatives to mitigate.
- Owns successful execution of the project, leading team members to deliver quality results within agreed upon timeframe.
- Monitors and reports on project progress including any potential impacts to schedule, quality, cost and resources.
- Reviews design documentation with users and developers to ensure delivering expected result.
- Coordinates test plans and QA activities.
- Provides production support, managing enhancement requests and defect tracking/triage.
- Demonstrates effective communication that works with a sense of urgency.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on the performance of the web project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing or combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant web production/project management experience.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Basic understanding of HTML coding.
Relocation Assistance is available.