At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This is a seasoned Application/Web Engineering DevOps role within Wealth Technology, a part of the Wealth Investment Management Technology division within EIT. This will be a key lead position on an exciting and critical initiative for the enterprise across multiple lines of business! Acts individually, Self-Directed and within a team in providing application support, system maintenance, code deployment, and design guidance and consultation utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Oversee systems integration validation testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Candidate will collaborate to develop documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Works independently and may lead projects, allocates and partners effectively with team resources and will coordinate task oversight of small to medium sized projects and offshore staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Successful candidates must possess strong leadership and outstanding technical troubleshooting skills in deploying, supporting, installing and configuring multi-tier, enterprise applications that can be applied to all levels of a heterogeneous technology ecosystem (primarily Unix/Linux, JBoss or comparable middleware, with some Windows/.Net and IIS web server products experience desirable, some Open Source interactions). A record of problem-solving and crafting application design efficiencies that leverage both open source and vendor resources is essential. Applicants must demonstrate a passion for using automation to improve their own and others’ effectiveness. Knowledge of one or more scripting languages is beneficial. Experience and expertise with production incident management with multiple stakeholders a high preference is important. Excellent communication skills are necessary and effective cross-team collaboration, training, and documentation skills a desirable premium within a globally distributed team across the enterprise.
Applicants must have production support experience in a 24x7 environment. Candidate should have leadership, capability to self-start and drive initiatives with little to no oversight. This position offers the ability for additional scaling and integration to a challenging and fast-paced environment for a team member with the desire to work hard with a dynamic and diverse team!
Team Member will be part of a Competency Center team that is supporting an application on Wealth and Brokerage Division.
- 5+ years of web systems environments experience
- 5+ years of Middleware experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of experience with the installation, configuration, implementation or administration of Jboss Application Server
- 5+ years of Apache experience
- 5+ years of Tomcat development or implementation experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 3+ years of experience engineering and analyzing Windows based operating systems
- 3+ years of CA Siteminder experience
- Web application installations, upgrades, and deployment experience
- Experience with servers or systems that support/host web applications
- 3+ years of IIS experience
- 2+ years of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) experience
- Charles River Development Administrative Support experience
- 2+ year of Crystal Reports experience
- Installation, Configuration, and Operation of one or more Java Based Middleware Platforms:
- Oracle (12c)
- RedHat/JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP 7)
- Apache 2.4
- Tomcat ( 8)
- Familiarity with middleware, application, monitoring technology concepts including or similar to:
- AUTOSYS scheduler and use
- Application deployment automation methods and source code repository experience
- NDM file transmission and web protocols (ex: FTP, SFTP, HTTP/S)
- Basic DB connectivity and SQL query capability
- Monitoring tools Splunk / AppDynamics
- Scripting knowledge a plus.
- Capability to support and function highly in a blended off and on-shore model of distributed development partners’
- OpenSSL, mutual authentication, and encryption methodology
- Ability to architect and build new middleware implementations and infrastructure in a multi-functional team capacity
- Experience with installing, supporting, and configuring custom written and vended application stacks
- Ability to understand published threats/vulnerabilities that apply to middleware components and remediate in partnership with application teams
- Understanding of Active Directory, BOKS, Power Broker and other directory services
- Experience with managed hosting and cloud providers a plus
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.