The RN/Licensed Practical Nurse participates in planning, providing, and evaluating patient care at the appropriate skill level. They have a duty to provide a standard of care that meets or exceeds that of a reasonably competent and knowledgeable Licensed Practical Nurse. The LPN performs duties within their scope of practice delegated by a physician or ARNP. The LPN will report to the PSU Clinical Team Manager. (what does PSU mean)
Duties include: Organizes the clinical environment in patient care situations. Support includes but is not limited to assisting the ARNP, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures as directed by the ARNP. The LPN receives in-bound patient calls and documents those results on the encounter form. The LPN should communicate data to the ARNP or other specified members of the clinical team within the provider’s office as needed. The LPN delivers quality customer service. Ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality. This position is responsible for providing telephonic clinical assessments utilizing approved medical protocols per policy. Recommends an appropriate level of clinical care based on clinical judgment and protocols.
Join our team of experienced nurses who provide health and disease education telephonically to patients. This position is located at 500 N. Westshore Blvd. Tampa, FL and hours are M - F: 8AM - 5PM* This is a 100% telephonic / call center environment.
- Reviews the patient history in ePRG for contraindications to FOC screening procedures
- Receives in-bound phone calls from members to discuss medical conditions such as chronic conditions such as diabetes, COPD, CHF
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Communicates patient concerns, inability to collect FOC tests, and observed patient issues to the WellMed ARNP if present, or the delegated clinical representative in the provider’s office at the time of the patient screening
- Responsible for completing FOC skills assessments of providers as needed
- Responsible for completing all patient packets and testing procedures in a timely manner and ensuring that those results are submitted to the proper person within the PSU and a copy is left with the delegate at the provider’s office
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Unrestricted RN or LVN / LPN license for the state of Florida
- 2 years experience in healthcare environment with direct customer contact
- Ability to respond appropriately to patient questions regarding tests and treatments
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the handling of complex medical assistant inquiries per protocol
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced call center environment
- Ability to adhere to daily schedules and duties
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to effectively de-escalate and resolve issues
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent Customer Service voice and demeanor
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent demonstration of caring and compassion
- Strong computer experience (data entry, screen navigation, keyboarding)
- Strong desire to work with the elderly
- Familiarity with managed care
- Medical office experience
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN/LPN, Triage, Triage RN, RN, Medical Terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding, Call Ctr., Tampa, FL, Florida, Brandon,Thonotosassa, St. Pete, Clearwater,Largo, Safety Harbor, Lutz, Temple Terrace, Town and Country, Westchase, Carrollwood, Tampa, FL, Florida,