Wells Fargo Securities
Research & Economics
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
You will become an integral part of a team and have the opportunity to assume significant responsibility that will include:
- Supporting staff on the generation of publications including the Weekly Economic &Financial Commentary, the Monthly Economic Outlook, economic indicators, and special reports
- Preparing and refining economic presentation decks
- Creating and updating economic charts and tables
- Working with the senior economists and econometrician to update economic forecasts
- Completing ad hoc data requests
- Contributing to written economic commentary
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills including financial analysis
Analysts must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team, and an ability to manage multiple projects and stringent deadlines simultaneously.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics.
- Strong interest and expertise in macroeconomics.
- 2+ years’ work experience in macroeconomic research.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.