Wells Fargo Veterans Employment Transition (VET) Program Hiring Forum to Internship
At Wells Fargo, we believe each of our team members offers something extraordinary, and recognize veterans and service members bring a rich source of talent, experience and hard-earned skills to our organization. That’s why we’re committed to hiring military veterans, and active military Reserve and National Guard personnel to join our team. We think that you’ll find Wells Fargo’s culture is very similar to the Armed Forces: structured, team-oriented, collaborative, and challenging.
The VET Program hires interns through educational hiring forums, where you'll have the opportunity to meet and learn from successful Wells Fargo team members, understand the various lines of business that are hiring into the program, and experience Wells Fargo's unique values and culture.
Hiring Forums overviewThe forum includes:
- An introduction to the financial services industry and the various lines of business hosting transitioning talent
- The chance to develop your professional network, learn key interviewing skills, and leave with a professional headshot
- Presentations hosted by senior Wells Fargo leaders
- Networking opportunities
- Interviews for a VET internship position
The 2019 hiring forums will take place:
- January 29 – 31, 2019 in San Francisco, CA
- February 5 – 7, 2019 in Charlotte, NC
If selected, you will be invited to attend one of the conferences based on your availability, the capacity of each forum, and Wells Fargo business need. All travel and meal expenses will be paid by Wells Fargo.
Invitation and attendance at the conference does not guarantee a spring internship placement. Interviews for the 2019 Spring Internship Program openings will take place at the conference.
In applying to this position, you must be available to attend one of these conferences, if selected, and you must be available to start the spring internship in April 2019.
During this 8-12 week internship program, you’ll develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time Wells Fargo team member as you deepen your professional experience and network by learning on-the-job and participating in special training opportunities. You’ll experience Wells Fargo’s culture first-hand, and see how our Vision, Values & Goals drive how we work with our clients, and one another.
The program begins the first week of April with an inclusive orientation and training session. There, you will network with your peers and Wells Fargo leaders while you develop your skills and knowledge of our financial products and services. Then, you will join a team of experienced professionals for specific line of business training, leading into an opportunity for on-the-job training and development.
The internship offers
•A one week group orientation event: You will gain insight into Wells Fargo’s corporate culture, as well as opportunities for community involvement, networking, and financial training in line of business-specific concepts.
•On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain experience as a Wells Fargo intern.
•Professional support: In addition to your manager, you will be matched with a coach who will be a resource available to answer your questions, support you through challenging situations, and help you network throughout the internship.
•Exposure to leadership: Wells Fargo’s top leaders provide insight on how to make the most of your internship experience while learning about trends in the financial markets.
The goal of the program is to transition successful program participants based on performance into full-time positions within Wells Fargo immediately following the internship. Any offer would be considered a fulltime opportunity and may include paid apprenticeships, developmental program opportunities, or direct hires into a job role, all based on your qualifications and skillsets. If you choose to include a cover letter, please be sure to bundle it with your resume in one document (Word or PDF) and upload it in the resume section of the application.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Other Desired Qualifications
•Be available to begin the internship at the program start date, April 1, 2019 through May 24, 2019.
•A BS/BA degree or higher
•The program is open to all candidates planning to transition out of military service, and/or be a recently transitioning veteran pursing the minimum educational requirements.
- Prior military experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
- Strong personal motivation, attention to detail, and willingness to learn
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious and proactive
- Available to begin at the start of the internship program
- Meet participating line of business required qualifications for post-intern position that will be posted at the forum
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.