At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Job Description Information:
The Advisory Operations Manger 4 position within Advisory Portfolio Administration will be based at Wells Fargo Advisors’ (WFA) Corporate Headquarters in St. Louis, MO. The Advisory Operations Manager is responsible for leading the Internally Managed Portfolio team. The team consists of 15 team members located in St. Louis. In addition to day to day management responsibilities, this position participates in the development and implementation of long-term strategies, policies, and technological advancements regarding Portfolio Implementation for Advisory accounts. The role requires oversight of daily trading functions and supports a variety of departments and channels within Wells Fargo Advisors.
The position requires engagement and strong relationships with key partners across the enterprise- in particular Product, Compliance, various brokerage channels, Information Technology, Legal, Risk Management, and other groups inside Operations and Branch Infrastructure. The position also requires routine interaction with multiple levels of team members - including senior level management across WFA and WWIM. Responsible for understanding and assisting with leading the implementation of all regulatory and industry projects impacting department processes with an expectation to deliver quality on time. Contributes ideas to all levels of leadership and participates in industry initiatives. The role delegates in a high risk, highly controlled environment ensuring proper change management to mitigate risk. Expected to pass all audits, including testing of supervisory controls initiated internally.
Manages, directly and through subordinates, critical operational activities characterized by a high level of complexity. Partners with peers in multiple sites to insure the area is following the same process.
Operations represent moderate financial risk and performance has some impact on the group and possibly the company.
May act as business unit s senior subject matter expert for select technical, operational and/or processing functions
Works independently with considerable latitude, managing various production initiatives and projects requiring coordination of resources, budgets and deadlines.
Provide input to the development and implementation of longer-term strategies specific to own units.
Known as an in-house authority for technical, operational and/or processing functions that impact other groups, areas or activities.
Accountable to manager for unit budget and may be accountable for select business unit financial performance.
- 8+ years of operations experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience in operations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 8+ years of leadership or management experience
- Leadership experience including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of advisory products and services
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deliver results with speed and agility
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams
- Knowledge and understanding of brokerage industry/operations
- Exposure to Wells Fargo managed account trading systems such as: APL, MMS, Beta, Working SEI, Advent/Moxy, or Factset
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Registration for FINRA Series 99 must be completed within 120 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite may also be required
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.