At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance provides inventory financing solutions, service and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and a commitment to customers. As a leading provider in specialized financing and servicing solutions, CDF delivers when it comes to helping facilitate the manufacturing, distribution and sale of products across a variety of industries from Power sports, Marine and Recreational Vehicles, to Outdoor Lawn & Garden, Agriculture, Technology, and Electronics & Appliances.
The WFCR Inventory Finance Underwriter is responsible for conducting routine credit investigations and determining whether to extend credit to companies across all Commercial Distribution Finance Industries.
These responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Gathering and reviewing routine credit information for loans
- Preparing credit reports for presentation
- Spreading financial/credit information
- Monitoring and following up on credit file conditions/ credit covenants
- Monitoring documentation exceptions, responding to customer inquiries
- Ensuring credit files are current
- Generating status reports for management/bankers
- Contacting available sources of information
- Determining whether to extend credit to qualified borrowers
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigation and compliance-driven culture, which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to all applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures; appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations; timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues; and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ months of financial analysis experience
- Credit underwriting experience
- Underwriting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Completed four-year bachelor degree with accounting, finance, or general business focus
- Familiar with inventory finance structures
- Experience reading, analyzing, and developing conclusions from financial statements
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.