At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
This position is responsible for overall planning, implementation and reporting of primary and secondary research initiatives that support key business partners in Wholesale. Candidate will have the opportunity to lead a wide variety of research projects and syntheses to develop insights primarily focused on strategic initiatives, customer experience, customer journey and product features and positioning. Core areas of focus will be centered on generating insights to improve our understanding of our business customers: their purchase journey, their relationship health and customer personas. Candidate will be responsible for both the development as well as the day-to-day management of the relationship between the Insights team and key business partners. Ability to integrate and provide insight connections, and help translate the insights to action for the Marketing community is critical.
This individual needs to have exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to gain the respect and confidence of others, as well as be a true team player and collaborator.
On a day-to-day basis, this individual will have the following duties:
- Consult with business partners and determines research requirements, strategies and project timelines; applies and/or develops highly advanced concepts, research and analysis designs
- Conduct strategic/tactical research and analysis and present findings and recommendations to business partners and management
- Design and execute insights capabilities such as ongoing Relationship, Transactional and Customer Satisfaction surveys that can be adapted across multiple lines of business and audiences
- Day-to-day management of any internal or external research vendors, partners/consultants engaged to execute projects
- Leverage communication skills to transfer analytics/data into an effective presentation format, particularly with regard to senior management level presentations
- Collaborate with immediate team members, as well as other teams across the larger Insights team, to help with cross-division analyses to execute on the larger department’s market research agenda
- Collaborate with his/her immediate supervisor to articulate/recommend priorities for future research and knowledge development
- Stays abreast of significant research technique advances
- Ensure adherence to compliance regulations and policies
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: marketing, market/customer research, or marketing analytics, including 4+ years of project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of business-to-business sales in the financial services industry
- Experience in a complex, digital marketing operations environment
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience leading and coordinating complex projects that include senior leaders across disparate Enterprise teams
- 8+ years leading and designing market research
- Knowledge of Commercial Banking products and services ranging from Treasury Management, Business Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Commercial Real Estate
- Track record in Business to Business Marketing
- A critical thinker with proven ability to synthesize disparate information to develop strategic insights and drive more impactful marketing strategies
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing results into concise written findings and strategic implications for senior management
- Experienced in the application of a wide variety of market research methodologies, analytic techniques and marketing strategy
- Experience in and high comfort level establishing new approaches to insights efforts and work routines
- Track record in standing up Relationship Studies, Transactional Health Studies and Customer Satisfaction Studies
- Track record in customer and purchase journey research
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience/interest in driving insights and analysis that support Content Marketing Strategies (content development, user targeting strategies, user experience, etc.)
- Curiosity, humor, flexibility and drive
- BS/BA degree in Statistics or Marketing Research or related field. MS/MBA in Marketing/Market Research is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and SPSS
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.