At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Support syndicated lending activities by managing and coordinating the closing activities of new and amended Credit Facilities. Interaction will include many different originating business units within Wells Fargo, external legal council, the borrower and the many investors in the deal. Customers represent Fortune 500 with credit lines ranging from $50million to $10 billion.
Primary Responsibilities: Review and interpret credit agreements and other legal documents, provide feedback to the deal teams on the optimal operational structure. Adhere to Wells Fargo-approved and industry standards, and make certain the Loan documents conform. Assemble all additional legal documentation and book new business onto our system of record (LoanIQ). Coordinate the closing/funding process with both the borrower and investors expectation. Demands on-the-spot response to questions regarding the closing and adherence to very tight deadlines.
As the middleman between the borrower and investor, this person must make decisions on exceptions while providing accurate information, as well as competent and timely service, which not only impacts Wells Fargo’s reputation, but also can expose the bank to significant exposure and loss.
Process all funding & wire transfer transactions, book/clear GL items, and final reconciliation of all funds movement. Answer all inquiries of the syndicate group specific to the transactions under the agreement. Provide all investors with explicit instructions to successfully carry out the request of the borrower by ensuring that all investors have received notifications on a timely basis. Update support/administrative systems with transaction specific information, review transaction outputs for accuracy and completeness. Ensure upfront and service fees are processed in a timely manner.
***Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
***Job posting may be removed earlier than stated close date due to volume of applicants.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates. If you plan to be away the office, update to include your personal email to ensure you do not miss communication through the selection process.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of commercial loan closing experience, commercial loan administration experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Accounting or finance experience
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to research and resolve complex customer issues
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Exposure to Wells Fargo Loan IQ system
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or finance; in commercial/corporate lending and underwriting
- Commercial loan documentation, preparation, or review experience
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels; where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.