At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Under WFAM, The Liquidity Management Solutions (LMS) team is responsible for the distribution of Wells Fargo’s comprehensive money market product set and short duration funds.
This sales role is responsible for providing effective sales coverage within a wide Eastern geographic footprint to internal franchise groups and external distribution partners. This contact base represents multiple business lines that largely cover institutional clients in need of investment liquidity solutions. The Wholesaler 3 role is expected to assist our channel partners in both identifying and closing new business opportunities by differentiating our product set. In this capacity, they are expected to facilitate the retention and growth of assets under management, leveraging their deep investment and product knowledge. The Wholesaler 3 role requires significant prior experience, a successful and proven track-record and institutional investment management sales experience. In addition, the candidate must possess the relationship management skills to build strong relationships across the organization, particularly with the myriad of groups supporting this role.
In addition, the following competencies are required elements for the role:
- This individual must possess the ability to demonstrate their technical, capital markets and product expertise. They must demonstrate extensive fixed income product and market knowledge.
- It is important that the Wholesaler 3 communicate product and economic information powerfully and prolifically in both group and individual settings.
- This individual must possess the ability to build deep relationships with channels partners, based on their value-added market and product knowledge. They must also reflect advanced interpersonal skills.
- To effectively manage a large territory, the individual must demonstrate their drive for results, organizational competency and ability to network effectively to develop a robust pipeline.
- This role requires the successful partnership with their “‘Internal Wholesaler”. This mandates the need for effectively collaborating in a team approach to ensure a successful partnership.
- Personal character must reflect high integrity, self-development and team awareness.
- Work independently to provide excellent client service. This encompasses frequent territory and client coverage.
- Actively participating in the development of new business production and retention/growth of existing assets.
- Utilizing all internal systems confidently to effectively manage opportunities including the production of monthly and periodic business reporting.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment with proven success in problem resolution and analysis. Requires broad market and client perspective.
- Assist the LMS team with developing strategic and tactical changes connected with client and industry developments.
The compensation is a base plus annual bonus. The territory will include the Eastern Seaboard. Travel is expected to be about 40% mainly to New York, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Boston, and Richmond, VA. Other locations in the territory will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of sales experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience meeting or exceeding sales goals with respect to products and/or services
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment where strong independent thinking skills are important
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience exceeding established performance goals
- Proven success in with Investment Management Sales, consultative selling techniques
- 6 years institutional sales experience
- Deep industry experience with money market and fixed income sales
- Institutional sales experience managing a significant territory with proven sales results
- Ability to develop strong relationships through effective investment communications, product knowledge and responsiveness
- Partners with channel management to implement programs
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.