At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
In addition to advising on such topics as banking, investment management, and estate planning, Wells Fargo Private Bank will now be offering professional consultative services designed to help our clients manage the relationship challenges that can arise with the achievement of significant wealth. These services are delivered by the Family Dynamics Consultant (FDC) and can include: legacy planning; leadership development; family governance; parenting amid affluence; family education; transition planning; philanthropy as a family endeavor; values clarification; communication; and the preparation of heirs. In short, the FDC is focused on helping clients manage the qualitative vs. quantitative aspects of their wealth.
In addition to their advisory work with clients, the FDC will be responsible for the growth of the Family Dynamics practice. This growth will be achieved by collaborating closely with members of a regional Private Bank team to identify and cultivate prospective clients who could benefit from the services. Initially, the FDC will be active in the roll-out of the new practice and will serve a go-to resource for regional leaders and advisors of The Private Bank.
Once a client has been identified, the FDC will lead the effort to construct customized service offerings and content that will meet the family’s unique needs. Further, the FDC will deliver the service offerings via a variety of formats including family meetings and events, financial literacy libraries, educational workshops, and individual coaching. Finally, the FDC may orchestrate the contributions of other internal and external subject matter experts who can benefit the client.
In all aspects of their role, the FDC will be expected to conduct their business in a manner that enhances Wells Fargo’s reputation for excellence.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: family dynamics, advising/managing high net worth individuals or families, or wealth planning (legacy, transition or philanthropy)
- Certificate in Family Wealth Advising; Certified Family Coach; Financial Therapy Graduate Certificate
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- An active CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (tm) certification
- Proven ability to develop and deliver family dynamics content and exercises
- Previous experience leading and facilitating family dynamics discussions across multiple generations
- Proven ability to connect successful client results to business outcomes
- Ability to understand business drivers and metrics
- Additional education such as Certificate in Family Wealth Advising
- Certified Family Coach
- Financial Therapy Graduate Certificate
- Ability to identify risk factors and enact appropriate controls
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans to meet business objectives
- Strong presentation skills with a dynamic facilitation style
- Ability to travel overnight
- Proven ability to cultivate new business
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.