External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Provide systems administration (implementation, management and operational support) of IT systems based on Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Citrix, VMware products at the direction of Mgr Windows Infrastructure & Storage Services. Assist in troubleshooting and solving common problems as they relate to those systems. Work closely with IT staff and business units and be a team player. Adhere to all aspects of the Shopko Information Services Development Methodology (SISDM) for projects and problem/change management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Resolve Systems Technology Issues
- Provide quick response and resolution to escalated requests (second-level support for Help Desk).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve reported issues ensuring timely resolution and end-user satisfaction
- Instruct users in the correct use of equipment or software
- May participate in on-call rotation
- Maintain assigned systems including patching and applying updates
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the availability of systems and verifying completion of scheduled jobs and backups
- Install and configure systems as needed
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of approaches to system administration tasks with a focus on automation, error reduction and improvements to service
- Perform analysis of assigned systems to identify issues, needs or gaps
- Maintain client satisfaction through effective communication
- Complete periodic reporting of tasks, progress, plans and issues
- Maintain effective on-going dialog with management to communicate issues promptly
- Prepare and maintain diagrams, inventory records, various reports and service requests
- Maintain and drive self-technical expertise
- Attend pertinent training sessions and seminars as requested
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in Information Technology is desired
- Knowledge and applied use of desktop workstation operating systems (Windows and applications (Microsoft Office, Email and 3rd Party Applications)
- Prior experience with Microsoft server operating systems
- Demonstrated problem analysis and critical thinking skills
- Ability to use structured problem solving and available tools to troubleshoot systems, identify root cause, and determine available resolution options
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of Windows Server functions including Active Directory, File and Print services, GPO’s and system tuning
- Experience with Exchange email server environments and Outlook clients
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Skills may also include:
- Exposure to systems monitoring tools and processes such as Microsoft Systems Center
- Knowledge in enterprise anti-virus configurations for servers and workstations
- Knowledge of remote access environments utilizing Citrix, terminal services and thin client devices
- Exposure to IT Systems auditing and remediation efforts for audits such as PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, and HIPAA
- Participation in Disaster Recovery exercises
- Exposure to Systems security, implementation and auditing
- Experience writing and using scripting languages to automate actions
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts. Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status. Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.