At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Within the Operations team our Electronic & Commercial Services team processes cash and check deposits, fulfills currency and coin orders through cash vault services, provides retail and wholesale lockbox collection services, wire transfer services, and Treasury Management (TM) products and services, including monthly billing statements for Business Banking, Wholesale, International, and TM customers.
**** Please note position is currently located in downtown Portland, but will be relocating to the Montgomery Park location at 2701 NW Vaughn Street, Portland, OR 97210, in December of this year. Must be able to work downtown Portland until that time. At the new location, free parking will be available.****
The Wire Transfer Specialist 1 is responsible for initiating high risk, high volume, and large dollar (US dollar and foreign currency) international, domestic, tax, etc. wire transfers via phone for consumer, business, wholesale, and Wealth clients, including regulatory Dodd Frank eligible payments. This position works closely with our Foreign Exchange Sales team to assist the client in booking rates/contracts for all Private Bank wires and wires exceeding $100K USD. This position also responds to complex wire inquiries from internal and external customers regarding wire transfer customer agreements, wire investigation cases, incoming wires, wires pending Risk and OFAC review, and wire cancellations.
The Wire Transfer Specialist 1 duties include :
- Processing/creating routine to complex transactions, resolving complex customer service inquiries in a timely manner, placing calls to customers on incoming wires, and processing return notification emails and calls as needed
- The Wire Transfer Specialist 1 is responsible for handling customer issues efficiently, and escalating them to management when necessary
- This position participates and supports overall customer service goals and service level agreements, and is required to communicate with other departments or managers to resolve customer issues
- Failure to adhere to the regulatory policies/procedures in this role could lead to increased reputational, regulatory, and legal risk, as well as negative customer impact
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm PST. Additional hours may be required based on work volume. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in customer service, operations or a combination of both
- Knowledge and understanding of foreign and domestic wire transfers processing
- Ability to identify risk factors and provide alternatives to mitigate
- Ability to provide strong customer service while listening, eliciting information efficiently, comprehending, and resolving complex customer issues
- Customer service focus with the ability to respond to requests in a timely manner
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance and legal requirements: protecting customers, Anti Money Laundering (AML), and fraud risk
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Knowledge and understanding of internet or intranet-based business systems
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.