At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
As part of the Investment and Fiduciary Services Affluent Delivery Team, this Fiduciary Advisory Specialist (FAS) will assist clients and Financial Advisors with vetting of new fiduciary and investment business. The FAS applies knowledge and skills in the area of fiduciary and estate matters, wealth planning, investments (asset allocation, multiple asset class usage, risk management) and client acquisition skills to serve high net worth clients. In partnership with FAS and/or IFS leader, delivers advisory based services to clients with less complex Wealth Management (WM) planning needs in collaboration with partners and Centers of Influence. Applies working knowledge of Specialized Wealth Services (SWS) and may develop SWS specialty area(s). Engages with Financial Advisors from WFA who serves as a Relationship Managers to contribute to WM business and collaborates with others for the more complex relationships. Takes full balance sheet approach adhering to the tactical sales process when sourcing new business including identifying and referring new credit, deposit and/or brokerage opportunities. Actively participates in the delivery of quality client events. Engages in WM issue conversations, tax and transition strategies, introducing Wealth Planning Strategists/Planners for complex or comprehensive planning engagements and SWS Specialists for appropriate solutions enabling clients to leverage and protect the value of their estates. Applies knowledge of each of the 12 WM Issues, Client Discovery Review (CDR), and needs assessment to evolve the advice cycle. This includes: profiling, estate plan and wealth transfer document review and analysis, cash flow analysis, selecting appropriate strategies and taxation. Focuses on wealth plans for clients with net worth of $1MM up to $5MM or as determined by regional mgmt. Introduces local Wealth partners for wealth plans above $5MM. Collaborates with Center Administration team on compliance/risk issues. This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
*This position can sit at either of the following locations: 1 No Jefferson Ave, St Louis, MO. Or 111 W. Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of financial planning experience, estate planning experience, or a combination of both in wealth management, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Client relationship management experience
- Experience in wealth management with net worth clients of at least one million dollars
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial and estate planning, wealth transfer, leverage, multiple asset class usage, asset allocation strategies, and taxation
- Solid knowledge and understanding of fiduciary law and federal regulations
- Strong presentation skills
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.