At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM) business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client’s unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 Fiduciary Management Services (FMS) offices that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services.
The primary function of the WM Senior Fiduciary Administrator 4/FMS Risk Manager is to is to proactively mitigate operating losses and fiduciary risk exposure within a FMS environment. This position works closely with the FMS Director, Fiduciary Team Managers and team members within the FMS offices. Partners with field investment managers and other WM professionals to develop and expand business. Partners with WM professionals to identify and develop financial planning opportunities. Monitors fiduciary administrators as managing their book according to fiduciary policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory audits and service standards are met. Perform internal audits to verify compliance with established standards and partners directly with Wells Fargo risk partners. Provides fiduciary oversight and answers difficult or complex questions regarding trust taxability, document interpretation and fiduciary risk management. Reviews documents and works with team members to ensure proper documentation for all discretionary requests from clients. Confers directly with clients, WF Partners and Centers of Influence as well as external resources i.e.; accountants, attorneys regarding trust/financial information, reacts accordingly and re-prioritizes if appropriate. Responsible for training FMS team members on all updated policies and procedures. May act as mentor within the organization. May assist in the design and implementation of procedures, controls and guidelines designed to meet policy requirements while creating processes and strategies to enhance the overall effectiveness of the group and client experiences. May provide guidance and direction in absence of FMS Director.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: relationship management, financial, trust, or legal industry experience
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure bank compliance
- Exposure to Wells Fargo Trust operations applications and systems such as: SEI Trust 3000 and TRMS (Trust Money Movement Systems)
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong risk management and compliance skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or similar designation
- A BS/BA degree or higher (such as MBA/JD/LLM) in business, management, law or trust and wealth management
- Ability to effectively work with fiduciary administrators, team leads and Fiduciary Team Managers in a team environment
- Ability to provide fiduciary oversight to complex questions regarding trust taxability, document interpretation and fiduciary risk management
- Demonstrated working knowledge of fiduciary operational and risk mitigation standards, including the ability to effectively communicate related policies and procedures
- Strong PC proficiency
- Extensive knowledge of trust, fiduciary law, and federal regulations in a Risk Management Role
- Experience working in a Fiduciary Management Services office
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.