At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
The Private Bank delivers wealth management solutions to high and ultra-high-net-worth clients with $2.5 million or more in Wealth relationship balances. Clients of The Private Bank are supported by a personal relationship manager who brings together a dedicated team of specialists. This team delivers an integrated suite of services designed to address the high-net-worth client’s complex financial needs. Clients of The Private Bank enjoy many exclusive benefits. A local, dedicated relationship manager works with the client directly and coordinates an experienced team of local specialists. Other benefits clients enjoy include a premium level of service in branches, an enhanced, branded online experience and access to specialized solutions, rates and pricing appropriate for their level of wealth.
The Senior Private Banker UL 4 will partner with professionals across Wells Fargo to develop new client relationships, as well as manage existing client relationships. Qualified candidates will have excellent sales/relationship management skills, as they will use an integrated planning approach to advise teammates and clients on banking solutions in order to meet the client’s overall financial objectives. They will recommend strategies that utilize Wells Fargo’s individual and institutional capabilities to create, enhance, and maintain client wealth.
The Sr. Private Banker UL 4 is responsible for enhancing the Wealth Management and Private Banking brands with team members across the enterprise and in the community they serve. They may provide training and guidance to less experienced Private Bankers.
As credit is a key area of focus for the Sr. Private Banker UL 4, strong credit skills and deposit understanding (particularly cash management) is required. Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Leading the credit process, they will be accountable for the client's end-to-end credit experience actively coordinating and following up with all involved parties
- Ability to deliver, construct and implement complex credit and deposit solutions to clients
- Knowledge of and proven success with complex credit products and concepts including, but not limited to residential real estate, commercial real estate, concentrated collateral loans, unsecured lending, marketable secured lending, and other specialty lending needs
- Knowledge of credit structures, policy and pricing as well as a strong knowledge of not only traditional bank product and services, but also financial markets, products and transactions.
- Utilizes strong banking practices to advise High Net Worth clients on appropriate credit and deposit solutions and manage complex customized credit portfolios
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, or private banking
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong connection with recourse Commercial Real Estate investors and centers of influence providing services to the CRE market niche
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and build and maintain strong relationships successfully with internal and/or external customers and partners
- Excellent negotiation, relationship management and teaming skills
- Experience in initiating, evaluating (e.g., purpose, collateral, and sources of repayment), structuring, pricing and managing of complex credits that are integrated into a client’s overall financial plan
- Proficient at profiling and identifying sophisticated client situations to capture opportunities and implement custom credit solutions
- Knowledgeable in Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Demonstrated understanding of how client business ventures may impact overall risk profile
- Knowledge of financial markets, products and related transactions (e.g.: SWAPs- interest rate/ total rate of return, commercial mortgage debt, term structure of rates/yield curve, etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues
- Series 7 and 66 licensing required to participate in securities brokerage activities
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.