Help write the history of UnitedHealth Group as a part of Optum Workers’ Compensation and Auto No-Fault Government Affairs while healing the health care system and improving the lives of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work. (sm)
The Government Affairs Public Policy Analyst will track and analyze legislation and regulation impacting workers’ compensation and auto no-fault in all jurisdictions to determine and disseminate the impact to existing business processes, client relations and revenue. This individual may collaborate with others in the department, the Legal department and individuals who are part of national trade groups and policy coalitions for analysis purposes. This analyst will report on current initiatives and regulations and the overall impact on the company.
- Research and analyze legislative and regulatory changes and compare with existing requirements with a significant emphasis on workers compensation and auto no fault legislative and regulatory matters
- Prepare internal memorandums communicating legislative and regulatory changes to impacted departments to assist with preparing for potential actions needed to maintain compliance
- Solves moderately complex problems and conducts complex analyses
- Promote a sense of urgency and best course of action to address legislative and regulatory issues as they arise
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on assigned topics/subjects in implementation efforts
- Provide regular reports to department peers and leadership and prepare presentations to be given to external and internal stakeholders impacted by regulatory changes
- Maintain internal databases of regulatory changes and requirements
- 2+ years’ experience working in or with a government entity, specifically experience working with the regulation and legislative processes
- Intermediate level of knowledge of state and federal legislation and regulation, including rule-making
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Workers’ compensation industry experience
- Strong and professional verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of Healthcare/Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science (or significant work related experience in the workers compensation or related field)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: workers comp, policy, policy analyst, analyst, government affairs, Tampa, Florida, FL