Department:OH1HS_63503_000 Employer RelationshIP Program
Expected Weekly Hours:20
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our Workplace Health Specialist functions as a liaison between Mount Carmel and area employers by offering a variety of Employer sponsored wellness programs designed to promote a healthy lifestyle. Programs may include, but are not limited to: preventive screenings, educational offerings, & workplace health events; prepares educational materials & on-site programming (content appropriate for discipline), staffs on-site events & participates in wellness programs as requested by employers; may function as an on-site event coordinator.
- Collaborates with Workplace Health Employer relations specialist & other Workplace Health staff to provide services to develop & provide requested services to employers. Workplace Health Program Events: Provides testing at health fairs within scope of practice, (i.e) finger sticks for cholesterol & glucose screening, body fat composition, blood draws for testing, bone density screening, or testing as required.
- Workplace Health Program Events: Provides education to all health fair participants, within scope of practice, ensures proper understanding of test results, risk factors, referral options, provides educational materials. Workplace Health Program Events: Sets up for & tears down health fair, assisting as needed.
- Educational Programs (Lunch & Learns): Prepares written wellness educational programs that are used for Monthly Spotlight or other Workplace Health related publications. Educational Programs (Lunch & Learns): Presents wellness related educational programs to employer sponsored groups, audience range from 10 to 100 individuals.
- Associates degree from an accredited RN program
- Current Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Minimum of 3 years in a clinical setting, previous experience in wellness, health prevention or related experience
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.