No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Yamhill County Transit Area Fixed Route, Paratransit, Dial-A-Ride Driver
$1000 Sign-on Bonus! - Paid CDL Training
Join the First Transit team as a Fixed Route, Paratransit or Dial-A-Ride Driver at our Yamhill County Area Transit location! No experience is necessary. We will train you to get a CDL! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus! (*Conditions Apply)
- Wages starting at $14.28/hour
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- Paid time off
- No Sunday work, and no work on 6 major holidays. Limited shifts on Saturdays.
- Paid CDL Training Available!
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- CDL Permit or CDL Class B with Airbrakes and Passenger Endorsements - We will train you for this!
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (personal vehicle)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 800 NE 2nd Street, McMinnville, OR 97128!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.